Skip to main content

Bo Cobb-Guest Blogger!

Hey everyone! Bo here! I'm doing a guest blog for my Mom! Since I'm not really talking yet, I decided to do more of a photo essay for you, so you can see what I've been getting into now that I'm 20 months!
The funny thing is, all of my Mom and Dad's friends who have kids told them that it gets easier when we get older, which is HILARIOUS!!! Oh man, I have shared a chuckle or two over that with some of my Gymboree friends! Anyway, here are a couple of snaps Mom took of me one night getting into some stuff I shouldn't!
The evening started with me watching my favorite musical, Shrek, with my parents. They figured I was occupied for two seconds and could step into the other room to clean up. This is always their first mistake.

I noticed that no one was looking for a brief second, so I went into the kitchen to see what was within arms reach, what would make the most noise when I yanked it down, etc. 
 This looks perfectly unsteady. Nice!
 Hmm, this drawer still opens! Mom must've forgotten to put the safety thing on this one. Good to know!
 I'm just gonna see how loose this towel is....oh! Hello Father! Nice to see you again! I was just...checking out the foundation of this kitchen! Pretty solid!
At this point I could feel eyes on me, so I just casually brushed my fingers along the grip of the stove, which I'm always being told no about. If only my silly parents knew, that only fuels my desire!
With the fuzz nipping at my heels, I decide to return to the living room to give the impression that I'm rapt in this gripping musical adventure. I even force a chuckle or two. That really throws the old people off! But as soon as they go back to what they're doing...I grab one of my new shoes and head to the kitchen!
This right one seems like it would love a bath. And I'm just the right person to give it to them!
Here you go Righty! Almost there!
Even though I knew that Daddy was right there, I feigned ignorance, laughed a little and pushed the shoe into the water. Whoopsie! 


Before anyone could even blink I got old Lefty in there too. Mommy rushed to empty out the water, but the damage was already done. I stood there enjoying my work. Some of my best to date, IMHO. 


After that I moved on to the screen. This is where Mommy and Daddy really go wrong, because they think that if they put up a barrier between me and something they're trying to hide I don't go directly for it. Sigh...someday they'll get it I hope! 
In the first picture I'm starting to move the screen and am being told "No" and "Off limits" the whole time, but I'm a baby you guys! I "don't understand that yet!" 😂😂
This is a whole box of things my parents haven't unpacked yet. It looks like a bunch of papers and other things that would make a huge mess if I dumped it on the ground. 
Oh yeah, I'm really checking it out now. It's definitely one of those messy boxes. 
Welp, hm, let's just take a gander at how heavy this sweet lil baby is! 
Oh wow! Surprisingly light and easy to dump over! 
Out of the corner of my eye I see my Mom taking pictures of me, which she does constantly. Sometimes I like to mess with her to NOT dump over the boxes. Like, pretend she has any authority over my whatsoever. 
Here you go Mom, it's "off limits" like you said! (PS, the second she stopped taking pictures I dumped this over! I am an adorable evil genius!)


To end the night I pull off my top and do a little interpretive dance and tambourine bit to one of Shrek's solo's. It gives my old lady a kick, so why not give the people what they want, right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A "Geriatric Pregnancy" aka "Wow, You Must Be Old As F**k!"

Recently at a store I frequent I had an interaction with the checker I always chat with. He's a nice guy, young, stoned, friendly. For a dude who's constantly baked his memory is impeccable. He always asks about my daughter, and our dog, Dave, and wants to hear about the thing I told him I was going to do the last time I saw him, etc. You get it. Just as I was about to say goodbye he asked if he could check out my engagement ring, since he was in the market and wanted some ideas! And even though I fucking hate it when other people do this, I squealed and jumped up and down a little bit. It seems it's an involuntary response. I asked about his girlfriend. Dude: "She's super cool, very chill for a Caucasian." Me: "Oh, that's good. Most white people are the worst." Dude: "She's like a hippie chick, but not a Vegan or anything." Me: "Thank God." Dude: "And she wants to have kids one day, which is awesome!

My Dad

Yesterday, July 5th, my dad, Richard Albert, died. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 12 years ago and from that developed an insidious type of dementia called Lewy Bodies, which causes a lot of physical issues and accelerates the Parkinson's decline. Basically he was served a shit sandwich with a side of fuck my life. My dad was a quirky guy with a weird sense of humor. He used to play with me by chasing me around the house with a hammer and pretend he was going to smash my little toes. He would pack our lunches with a dog treat that he carefully tin foiled so when we would open it up at lunch all the other kids would laugh and scream. He made us waffles with ice cream in the middle for breakfast and ONLY creamed corn for dinner. He drank buttermilk from the carton. And prune juice. He was private. He would take hour long poops just to be alone and think. He was a scientist and mathematician. He was always trying to work out these insanely impossible to solve equati

Scared Sh*tless For Your Kids Safety? Try These Alternative Solutions!

If you're a parent I bet your days are filled to the brim with utter fear and anxiety that at any minute the world will end. It's scary enough having kids and worrying they're going to hurt themselves just by falling off their roller shoes, let alone the possibility of them walking into a Chuck E Cheese on a random Tuesday and having to duck and cover because one of the animatronics with a history of violence has beef with the day manager. (How did he get hired in the first place?!) So what are we, as parents of the future generation, supposed to do to deal with all this insanity? While there are the logical and thoughtful solutions suggested time after time like, uh, how about we don't give that dude who with a Google history exclusively on "How To Burn A Cat Alive Without Making A Mess" that AR-15, ideas like that  are clearly insane and threaten the very core of all American values of being able to own ALL THE GUNS.    It seems like the only thing we can